Saturday, April 26, 2014

Chloe's Candy (GD Gig #3)

I am thrilled to have been asked by the Inspirational Challenge team to join them for their 
PINK and GREEN challenge this week. :)  


I made this card for my oldest daughter's best little buddy, Chloe. We put in a gift card as the present. I'm discovering that the older they get the more often a gift card is the gift. :)  



I used Bugaboo's Candy Jar as my main image. This has to be one of my favorites. I colored it up with my Prismacolor pencils and matted it with Melon Mambo cardstock. The layers are from my Nestabilities Oval and Scalloped Oval sets. The Green Gable piece is embossed with my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Short and Sweet set stamped in Melon Mambo ink.  


For the inside, I used Sweet Stamp Shop set Elegant Sentiments and Melon Mambo ink. 

Thank you for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Birthday
Cut It Up #43 - Birthday cards
4 Krafty Girlz #16 - Anything Goes
A Song in Your He(Art) #5 - "Happy" Pharrell Williams
Scribbles #16 - Doodling
Pause Dream Enjoy #8 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Sweets
Card Und More #104 - No Flowers
Craftin' Desert Divas #29 - Photo Inspiration
Stamping Sensations: April - Use Dies and/or Punches
The Doodle Garden #2 - Spring Color Inspiration
Crafting by Designs: April - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet #84 - Anything Goes
The Sweet Pea Stampers - Birthday
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments #105 - Happy Birthday

19 comments:

  1. we are so pleased to have you as our GDT and this is a fabulous card to join us with. The colouring is superb and I agree, gift vouchers are what I give my older nieces now as they want to buy their own clothes not what Aunty wants to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alycia, you've made the colour scheme look so fresh and fun. Gorgeous colouring and I absolutely love the layout with the embossed semi-circle. I bet Chloe loves it. Thank you so much for being a fabulous Guest Designer at Inkspirational Challenges. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alycia, congrats on the GD role, and wow, wow, wow - what a vibrant, pretty, yummy card you've created! Your colouring is gorgeous (Prismacolours are on my 'need' list), and the layout is ever so eye-catching (have you seen the Runway Inspired + Case this Sketch challenge; I think yours may fit...). Your card and gift are guaranteed to bring a mega-watt smile to Chloe's face! She'll be delighted with this, as am I!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Alycia! So happy to have you designing with us this week at Inkspirational and I did not realize you were from Houston! I am also in the Houston area, which may not seem like a huge coincidence except that I am the only one from the USA on our current design team. Glad to have you and great use of the colors! I like the polka dot embossing and your coloring on the image is great!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm - lime green and pink - great colors for those candies! I can just taste that lime tartness in my mouth! I really like the half circle with the embossed dots - very nice texture for your design. Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#105 "Use a Birthday Sentiment or the No. 4"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun birthday card! Love the pink and green! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome color combo and love your cute digi. Thx for playing with AudSentiments this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy card, all those sweets! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a cute card thank you for joining challenge at a song in your heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! These colors are so pretty and your Prismacolor coloring is beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely bright card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at A Song in Your He{ART}.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card, Alycia! Love the bright colors and fun image! Thanks for joining is for the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'birthday' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bright colours! Such a cool CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this challenge! Love Marie-Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card! Love the colors! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there thankyou for joining our challenge this fortnight at Crafty Girls.
    Hugs
    Fiona
    DT/blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!