Thursday, April 17, 2014

I've got my eye on you... (SACC53)


This week J.W. Illustrations is generously sponsoring our challenge.


Thank you so much for your support!

This is a card for a little guy who turns one next month. I think he'll enjoy chewing on it. :) 



This is a digi from Jessica's Monster Mongrels collection. They are so cute!! I went to put a squiggle eye on him and can't find them so just now that before I give away this card there will be a squiggly eye on it. :)

The card base is Real Red and the papers are from DCWV's Birthday Wishes stack. Let me tell you, cutting those triangles was HARD. Never in a million years thought I would have as much trouble with those as I did. Think I wasted about half the stack trying to figure it out. Will definitely do a little research before trying those again. 


My monster is colored up with Prismacolor pencils. I initially left him less blended; I like the "childish" look it creates. The sentiments are typed up on my computer. 

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
My Sheri Crafts #131 - A Moment of Laughter
Craftin' Desert Divas #29 - Photo Inspiration
Use Your Stuff #131 - At the Movies (Monsters, Inc. or Monsters University)
Time Out #3 - Happy Birthday
Deep Ocean #75 - Inspired by a Movie (Monsters, Inc. or Monsters University)
Fitztown #30 - Spots and Stripes
Without Words: April - Gentleman Only 
Eclectic Ellapu: Pink - For the Boys
Aurora Wings #1 - Anything Goes
The Crafting Cafe: April - One for the Boys

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely fun card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 24: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun birthday card !!! That image and sentiment are perfect !!! I am so glad you shared this cute birthday card with us at Craftin'Desert Divas !!!! Hope you join us again !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love the bright, happy colors too! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. We hope to see more of you and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator
    EMA-gination ~ my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and fun card!
    Thank you for participating Fitztown Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the cute & whimsy monster image. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch208 Use a Digi
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! What a totally fun card! I love the image and love, love the DB and design of your card. What a great job! Thanks for joining our At the Movies challenge at Use Your Stuff this week. Hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very cute and fun card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super fun card! Great sentiments and colours! Thank you for taking the Time Out to join us, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coloring ! Such a bright and funny card... Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff !

    ReplyDelete
  10. HeeHee! Too cute! Thanks so much for joining our very first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a fun card to link up with us this week over at MSC. Thanks for joining in with your lovely bright card.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card
    Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
    Hugs Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and fun!!!

    Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun card Alycia! Even more so, what a lovely blog you have - I just spent a good while reading through. Totally agree with you about Paris, no doubt you go to Sacre Coeur - so beautiful and such good views of Paris on a clear day. Just linked in to follow you - on your blog, not to Paris :)

    You asked about pyramage. You can buy ready designed kits like I used but one trick is to (say) print three or four images all the same and then trim those down in little steps before layering on top of one another with sticky pads or silicon glue.

    And why not come and play with us in the Snippets Playground? It's a fun place, you just use a scrap or two on your card or whatever - runs Sunday to Saturday lunchtime (UK time). Would love to see you there/here :)

    Enjoy your trip to the Netherlands and Paris. I lived in Germany for a lot of years and Holland was such fun to visit.

    Happy Easter!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY - you just can't help yourself but smile at this cute little guy! LOVE it!
    Thanx so much for joining us in our very first challenge at Aurora Wings.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree that getting aligned triangles can be a nightmare! I'm so glad you persevered because this card is so bright , cute and fun and looks great with our sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun card and a great design! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting Café. Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute & fun card! I love the bright colours!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so unusual, I love it.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge (The Crafting Cafe) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope he doesn't chew it completely, it's a cute card! :) Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just too cute, I love the main image and all the lovely colours.
    Thanks so much for sharing your project at Anything goes, Just keep on creating :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!