Sunday, August 10, 2014

How high... (CIC273)

can you wish? :)


It's time for another Cupcake Inspirations challenge!

We are sponsored this week by
Doodle Pantry is generously providing a prize of a $10 coupon to our randomly chosen winner.

Thank you for sponsoring the challenge!

Each challenge, we give you an inspiration cupcake and you make a card or other craft project that is inspired by the cupcake.  Here is this week's cupcake (linked to original source):

I used Balloon Ants. Aren't they adorable? I think this makes the perfect birthday card for a youngster. We have lots of birthdays in August so I need lots of birthday cards on hand. 



I started with vellum and cut it out with my Nestabilities oval dies. The first oval I cut, I took my cloud handheld punches and created 'holes' in the oval. But I didn't like that much so I redid it using plan white, Swiss Dot embossed clouds. Then I popped the whole thing up on dimensionals and layered it on a DCWV's Sunday Afternoon pattern paper oval I attached to the front of my card. Last, I rounded two of my corners. 


On the inside, I used more of the sentiments that came with my image and cut them out using my Nestabilities circle dies. I tacked the clouds I cut from the original oval circle (that I didn't use) underneath to give the impression of floating. 

I really like how it came out. :) 

Thanks for looking! I hope this finds you happy and healthy.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!